Call for Presentations
The Emergency Preparedness and Business Continuity Conference – 2017
This year the Emergency Preparedness and Business Continuity Conference will be held from Tuesday, October 31st to Thursday, November 2nd. The pre-conference workshops will be scheduled on Monday, October 30th, 2017. The conference has broad application and will appeal to practitioners and anyone interested in the areas of the six streams listed below.
A. Conference Streams and Presentation Types:
The conference has six streams based on the following topic areas:
- Emergency Preparedness / Management
- First Responders (including all sectors air, land and marine)
- Emergency Social Services / Volunteers
- Business Continuity
- Academic / Technical
There are three types of Presentations we are seeking for the conference program:
- Plenary Sessions – this is an opportunity to address all attendees so should have a broader scope. The time allotments vary from 60 to 90 minutes which will include time for Q & A.
- Breakout Sessions – opportunities to present more focused/detailed presentations to smaller audiences. Most are 60 minutes (including Q & A time) and a few 90 minute sessions may be available.
- Workshops (half or full day) – this is an opportunity to provide training to attendees and will be scheduled on the Monday prior to the conference start.
B. Submission of Abstracts:
- ALL submissions need to indicate / include:
- which stream(s) would match your subject-matter best, and
- the type of session most applicable for your presentation (plenary, breakout or workshop)
- a concise statement of the benefits of your presentation (e.g. how will this session/knowledge help them in their work) and, should not be related to the sale of services and/or products
- a biographical sketch for each of the proposed speakers
- The abstracts need to be no longer than 300 words
- Deadline to submit an abstract is March 5th, 2017.
Preference for selection of presentations/speakers will be given to those who comply with the following selection criteria:
- Topic and relevance to the conference / attendees
- New ideas and approaches
- Leading edge and topical subjects
- Practical advice for practitioners
- Research / technical presentations need to indicate the applicability to practitioners
- Speaker’s expertise, knowledge, and ability to challenge delegates
- Past presentation experience
- Proposed handout materials (if any)
Compensation / Expenses:
- The EPBC Conference is a not-for-profit entity and does not pay for speakers to present
- For the speakers approved by the Program Subcommittee:
- Registration fees will be waived
- Hotel reservations for out-of-town speakers will be booked and paid by the conference
- Transportation costs (in accordance with our travel expense policy) will be paid by the speakers and reimbursed by the conference upon submission of travel claims/receipts
- For presentations with multiple speakers, only one speaker will be considered for coverage of expenses and registration fees
- All abstract submissions will be acknowledged by E-mail
- A follow-up E-mail will be sent to everyone who has been selected for the conference program no later than June 30th, 2017
To submit your abstract – CLICK HERE